Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Colton


          
           This is a pencil drawing that I just finished of my grandson Colton. As I worked on this piece, Brent walked in and said, "Oh, is that Dan?" Dan is my second son and Colt's dad - and, yes, Colt is the spittin' image of his pop. In the quiet of my studio, as I worked away on Colton's sweet, serious face, I contemplated all the connections that go into making a unique individual. Colt looks a lot like his Dad, they both have my blue eyes (at least that is my claim - they could be from Grandma Pierce) - my mother had beautiful blue eyes as did her father, who by the way, looks a lot like my son Dan.  It is a beautiful, complex web  - the attachments, influences, love and support of family - quite magnificent.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is really good. You should draw a western theme picture for your youngest son!

    ReplyDelete