Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Art Bin Blog

 
I am excited and a little nervous to start a blog about my art, and other loves. I think of it as a bin to dump ideas, images and attempts at writing: a gathering point. I have been a spastic journal keeper and tattered bits of my life and work lay unrevealed between the covers of water and paint splattered sketchbooks, leather bound journals with gold edging with only a few lonely entries marring pristine pages. Small black sketchbooks that fit nicely into my purse are filled with drawings, attempted poetry and notes from church meetings, lists and mind maps, phone numbers, reminders. Aquabee sketchbooks are my favorite because they can take watercolor paint, the paper is heavier and doesn't buckle. I have boxes of them in my studio.
I get nervous when people start leafing through my sketchbooks, a little shy and vexed - what will be revealed? It is a lot like going to the beach - just how much do you dare to uncover and are you the only one who cares? What makes me think anyone is even looking? Good grief!
Maybe at this season of my life it is time to gather in the journal entries, drawings and painting - the people - gather together all the odd bits and beloved pieces of my life and take a look.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Fellow Artist,

    Beautiful work! Nice to see another landscape painter. Thomas

    ReplyDelete